1 Determine your search area.
2 Click the Jobs tab.
3 Enter the search criteria.
4 Click Go to view your search results.
TIPS: There are several ways to adjust your search criteria to narrow or broaden your results.
(Note: a valuable benefit of LocalVue job search functionality is the ability to find ALL jobs in broad categories, i.e., all jobs with salaries over $50,000 or all jobs managerial jobs regardless of industry.)
- Use the drop-down menu to choose between city and ZIP code boundaries.
- Then enter desired city or ZIP code in the text box.
- Use the second drop-down menu to select the outer limits of your search boundary – up to 100 miles outside the selected city or ZIP code.
There are two ways to search for a specific type of job:
1. Job Title
- In the text box, enter part or all of the desired job title.
- For a broad search, enter a more generic term, such as ‘Manager.’
- For a more focused search, enter a complete job title, such as ‘Adhesive Bonding Machine Operator.’
- To ensure an exact match between your search term and your search results, use “quotation marks” around your search term.
2. O*NET Code
- If known, enter the desired O*NET code.
- Follow this format when entering the code: ONET:11-9199
- By leaving the search box empty, your search results will include ALL job openings matching the rest of your criteria.
Enter a minimum salary or a salary range. Be sure to include the $ symbol.
TYPE OF JOB
Use the drop-down menu to select the type of employment for your search. Options include full-time, part-time, contract, internship or temporary.
5 Job listings that match your search parameters (as currently posted on indeed.com within the last 14 days) are listed in the top-right corner.
6 Click on an individual job listing for more details, as well as a direct link to the online job posting.
7 Click Export Data for a spreadsheet of 25 job listings. (If more than 25 job listings are available, click Next to export the data in batches.)
8 At any time, click the ProspectVue tab in the top left corner of the screen to transfer the details of the hiring companies to ProspectVue to learn additional details about the size and financial health of each company. (Learn more about filtering search results in ProspectVue.) Note: due to spelling and naming differences, the data transfer may not be exact.